A Simple Thanks
For some reason today was a sad day for me not sure why exactly I guess just one of those days. So after a good cry I decided instead of sitting in my pity and sadness that I would write and here's what came out.
- I am thankful for God's constant love and presence in my life, without it I would not be able to make it!
- I am thankful for God's word, it is new every morning and helps keep me on the straight and right path. It fills my spiritual cup! Last week I began waking at 5:30 am to spend an hour in my Bible and to pray before my kids wake up. It has been an act of obedience but a sacrifice too as I LOVE to sleep in!!!
- I am thankful for Jesus who died on the cross for my sins, so I can live a life that pleases Him. I fail often but by His grace I am still righteous and keep going!
- I am thankful for my health. I am reminded daily by many who I love whose bodies are cancer ridden or have other illness with bodies that are failing them.
- I am thankful for my church, Wells Branch Community Church. I took a year away to heal my heart but came back to open arms and hearts and have never felt more at home. They are truly a people who are LIVING FOR MORE!
- I am thankful for my family who love me unconditionally! For my children who give me so many reasons to keep going and smiling as I do it!
- I am thankful for my home, it is a bit big for just three of us but I continue to have the opportunity to use it as a place for ministry and is one of the biggest reasons I have stayed.
- I am thankful for financial provision so that I have the great privilege to be a stay at home Mom, God has provided for all our needs above and beyond!
- I am thankful to get to volunteer at the school and love on the precious kiddos there.
- I am thankful for dear friends old and new who continue to walk life out with me, pray for me and just simply love me.
- I am thankful for the many opportunities I have had to share my story, it is a calling and I do not take it lightly.
- I am thankful that I get the incredible privilege to teach God's word to women in my community at Refresh Women's Bible Study, which began just three weeks ago. I am thankful for each heart that is present and is learning to love God more.
- I am thankful for answered prayer. I marvel sometimes at just how God answers my prayers.
- I am thankful for really small things like a great gym with amazing classes that motivate and encourage me to take care of my physical body.
- I am thankful to live on a street with such great neighbors who have great kids that my kids have the opportunity to be outside playing with.
- I am thankful for the forgiveness of my loving Father who even though I mess up again and again He always forgives me, always!!
- I am thankful for second chances.
- I am thankful that I have suffered and will continue.
- I am thankful that when I am weak Jesus is strong.
- I am thankful for new beginnings
- I am thankful for the what is yet to come...
It has been 26 months since Todd was called home. My life looks noticeabley different. I have to be honest I still miss a lot of my "old life", some things are still hard, maybe they always will be. YET I am super excited about the things God is doing in my "new life."
If you are like me finding yourself in a sad, lonely or hard place today. Will you write a list of thanks? It really does help shift your focus. I can dwell on what I don't have or what I have lost or I can choose to dwell on all that I have to be thankful for! I was reminded of so many things I am thankful for as I wrote my list, too many too mention here.
What will you choose to focus on this month of Thanksgiving? I am challenging myself to be grateful for one new thing everyday but to not stop after the month is over. I hope you will join me! I have so much to be thankful for and when I focus on those things I can Live For More!
Thank you for reading and for giving me another reason to be thankful,